|Rebel Without a Collar|
|Season 1, Episode 12|
|Air date||September 10, 2011|
|Written by||Rachel Lipman|
|Directed by||Greg Sullivan|
|Featured Puppies||Cookie, Buddy, Fang (Coyote)|
"Rebel Without a Collar" is the twelfth episode of season 1. It first aired September 10, 2011 in the US.
Two dogs are brought to Shelter 17. One dog, Buddy, is separated from his owners, while the other is a coyote, Fang, with a bad attitude. Cookie takes care of the coyote, and begins to fall in love with him. Fang offers to take Buddy back to his home, and Cookie wants to go with him. On the way, Fang tells Cookie to howl at the moon with him.
Back at Shelter 17, Fang's pack comes looking for him. Meanwhile, Fang, Cookie, and Buddy arrive at Buddy's home. Fang spots an "appetizer" (Buddy's hamster friend, Chubs) while there. Fang and Cookie go back to Shelter 17. Cookie announces that she wants to go with Fang. The Pound Puppies (except Lucky) allow her to go with Fang. When she is gone, Strudel talks with Lucky.
Fang and his pack, with the now accepted Cookie, start scavenging for food at Buddy's home. Cookie tells Fang not to do it, But Fang doesn't listen. Buddy tries to protect his friend, whom Fang wants as an appetizer. Cookie stops Fang, just when the Pound Puppies arrive. Cookie goes back with them, and Fang tells her that his promise that they will not bother Buddy's home will remain strong, and if she feels like howling at the moon, she can give him a call.
Starring the Voices of
- Eric McCormack - Lucky
- Yvette Nicole Brown - Cookie
- John DiMaggio - Niblet / Tony
- Michael Rapaport - Squirt
- Jessica DiCicco - Strudel
- M. Emmet Walsh - Olaf
Guest Starring the Voices of
- Clifton Collins - Scar / Weasel
- Eliza Guttman - Mom / Little Girl
- Richard Lewis - Buddy
- Luke Perry - Fang
Lucky: I can't believe she left us.
Strudel: She didn't leave us. She went with him.
Lucky: But doesn't she realize how much I -- we need her?
- This episode doesn't feature any dogs getting adopted. Instead, it features a dog named Buddy trying to return to his family after getting lost.
- This episode shows that Strudel knows that Lucky has romantic feelings for Cookie.
- The title of this episode is a spoof of the film title "Rebel Without a Cause".