|Season 1, Episode 13|
|Air date||October 1, 2011|
|Written by||Julie Selbo|
|Directed by||Jos Humphrey|
"Rebel Without a Collar"
"Toyoshiko! Bark Friend Machine"
"Taboo" is the thirteenth episode of season 1. It first aired October 1st, 2011 in the US.
It's up to the Pound Puppies to find a home for a puppy who is convinced that he is bad luck.
Starring the Voices of
- Eric McCormack - Lucky
- Yvette Nicole Brown - Cookie
- John DiMaggio - Niblet
- Michael Rapaport - Squirt
- Alanna Ubach - Strudel
- M. Emmet Walsh - Olaf
Guest Starring the Voices of
- Ted Biaselli - One Eye
- E.G. Daily - Twiggy / Dolly
- Pamela Segall - Taboo
- Stephen Tobolowsky - Mr. Geekman
Squirt: Bad luck is bad luck. You can't just wash it off with soap and water.
Lucky: You know, I get why Niblet believes in all this hocus-pocus stuff. I mean, he refuses to eat out of the left side of his dish every Tuesday, Friday, and third Monday.
Niblet: That's so the magic flea angels won't get me.
Lucky: But you Squirt -- you, I don't understand.
Taboo: Ever since the day I was born. Hmm, I remember it like it was months ago.
Squirt: (Deadpan) It was months ago.
- This episode marks the first time that the computerized version of the FKD is used.
- This episode is included on the Pound Puppies: Mission Adoption DVD.
- This episode is appropriately the thirteenth episode of the series, because the number 13 is often assosciated with bad luck.
- Taboo (Lucky) is seen again in the episode "I Heard the Barks on Christmas Eve".